Mount Abu is a part of Sirohi district of Rajasthan. The nearest railhead is Abu Road, about 25 kms away, in the lowlands. Abu Road is on the railway line from Ahmedabad to Marwar Junction (onwards to Jaipur and Delhi or Jodhpur).
At Abu Road, car-taxis and cabs are available as well as state transport and private buses to take you to Mt Abu.
- Dilwara Temples Beautiful Jain temples, carved of white marble, built between the 11th and 13th centuries AD.
- Nakki Lake A beautiful lake surrounded by hills on all sides. It is said that various gods dig the earth with their nails (nakh in Hindi) and that's how it derive its name. One can enjoy boating in the lake. Charges are normal - Rs. 75 for half an hour for 2 seater paddle boat and Rs. 150 for half an hour for 4 seater paddle boat.
- Sunset Point
- Honeymoon Point
- Brahma Kumari's Universal Peace Hall And University
- Guru Shikhar At 1722 meters above sea level, this is the highest peak of the Aravali range
- Achalgarh A short distance away, a fort built in the 14th century by Rana Kumbha of Mewar. Also houses Jain temples, Achaleswar Mahadev Temple (1412AD) and the Kantinath Temple (1513AD)
- Adhar Devi Temple
- Shri Raghunathji Temple
- Shanker Math
- Gyan Sarovar
- Trevors Tank
- Peace Park
Nature and Wildlife: Mount Abu Treks by Charles (AKA Mahendra Dan). See the natural wildlife and beauty of Mount Abu with an experienced, knowledgeable, and highly recommended guide. Prices range from 280Rs for a half day trek-1250Rs for overnight (including all meals). He can be reached through Hotel Lake Palace or at (+91) 94141-54854.
Enjoy with beauty of nature,spritual university,temples and your family.
Rent a bike at around Rs. 250 per day (fuel charges extra as per usage). It offers a cheap and flexible mode of moving around the town.
There is nothing specefic to buy, As a Tourist Place, people use to buy Clothes and Others Household range of Products, which are brought from big cities like Ahmedabad, Baroda and Other big cities of Rajasthan.
Mount Abu is Very Good place for both Veg And Non Vegetarians. There are lush restaurants like Mulbery in the Hotel Hilltone, Restaurant at Hotel Hillock and in the Market Area. You can enjoy your food at Hotel Shere-e-Punjab - A Dhhabba Type hotel famous for its mouth watering chicken Kadhai,Dhaba Gosht, Chicken lollypop, Chicken 65 etc.
There are some Roadside Laaris who also serve tasty Food but, they don't serve very Hygienic food.
You Can have a Good Variety of All types of Pans at the Pan Shops across the hill station.
There are some Outlets, which offers Wide Range of Icecreams, Shakes, Juices, etc,
There is a restaurant named Shere-a=punjab in which you take your bottels & relaxed with your drink. You can also order your meal there. It is nice place where you can drink & eat. There are three or four more restaurants who offer such a service.
- Hotels in Mount Abu Hotel Booking Mount Abu Mount Abu, Rajasthan INDIA http://www.mountabuhotels.in The tourism business in Mount Abu is 365 days of the year, When you visit Mount Abu There are chances that you don't know hotels to stay there Visit mountabuhotels.in to find out all information you need for hotels in mount abu.
Hotel Lake Palace (about 1,000 Rps/night) overlooking Nakki Lake
Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.