The town is a popular starting/ending point for treks along the Kali Gandaki River valley as well as up to Muktinath on the Jomsom-Muktinath Trek. Both the treks can be done as part of the Annapurna Circuit.
Jomson has daily flight connections with Pokhara although cloud cover at Pokhara or Jomson and high winds particuarly at Jomson might cause delays or cancelations. Airlines covering the area include: Yeti Airlines Nepal Airlines Sita Air Agni Air
Jomsom now has a tenuous road connection with Beni and onwards to Pokhara. The road is prone to landslides and flooding particularly during the monsoon.
With the new road from Beni Jomson Has now become the terminus of the Annapurna circuit and a large number of trekkers come from Manang via the Thorung-La
Jomson is a compact little town.
Jomsom beautiful small town situated at 2800 m at Kaligandaki River Valley and lap of Mt Dhaulagiri and mt nilgri.Tibetan culture and beautiful landscapes iots feature
Jomson has few attractions of its own but is a gateway for treks to Muktinath and Lo-Mantang as well as a common end point for treks from Manang. Jomson used to be the half way point on the Annapurna circuit but with the road construction it has now effectively become it's terminus.
There are a number of shops selling handicrafts as well as all the items trekkers normally would want from chocolate bars to trekking poles. One of the more unusual items commonly for sale are fossilised saligrams that are found in this area attesting to the fact that this was the sea bottom once!
All hotels have attached restaurants with remarkably comprehensive menus and as the food tends to subsidise the room cost you are expected to eat in your hotel or they will increase the room rate!
The following hotels are all on the tourist strip near the airport.
- Jomsom Mountain Resort with 5 star hotel facilities Contact usP.O. Box : 3488Nagpokhari, Kathmandu, Nepal.Tel: 4110394, 4419690, 2004262Ext: Mr. Arvin P. Joshi- 132 Mr. Bishal Shrestha- 215 Mr. Naresh Maharjan- 117Fax: +977-1-4422252E-mail: - email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,ResortJomsom, Mustang Tel: 977-69-440035, 977-69-440036Fax: +977-69-440041 20 Minutes of walk form the airport www.jmr.com.np
- Hotel Airport-Inn
- Hotel Alka Marco polo jomsom 069440007 5:00AM 9:00PM $15 one of the best hotels in jomsome airpot where they have sauna to relax your body and mind and it is the only hotel where you can find inter net in whole village so its cool. it was established in 1972 and the present owner is mr adil gauchan who speaks a good english has collage degree from london....so stop by for any thing adil will help ....
- The Dancing Yak Lodge A fun little place near the airport. Great momos. Go for it!
- Hotel Dreamland
- Hotel Himalayan-Inn
- Hotel Holiday Home
- Krishnu Guest House bangalore 01052009 01052009 tarif
- Hotel Laligurans
- Hotel Majesty
- Hotel Mona Lisa
- Moonlight Guesthouse
- Hotel Mountain Breeze
- Hotel Mountain view
- Neeru Guest House
- Hotel Nilgiri View
- OM's Home Very comfortable hotel. Very good restaurant with a perfect view to Nilgiri. Superb staff and you often will meet interesting people staying for short or some times even longer terms.
- Hotel Snowland
- Hotel Tilicho
- Hotel Trekkers-Inn NRP 350 Singles and Doubles with attached bath
- Hotel The Windy Valey bhjlcjkh iluhfewo;kwe hjjhliwejwe weuiewf9oufmnoj;dcv
- Hotel Xanadu jomsom near the airport 069-440060 5:00AM 9:00PM 100-500 one of the best hotel in jomsom. where people enjoy the food.
Opposite the second suspension bridge when you are going from the airport towards Muktinath are two more possibilities for accommodation.
- Annapurna Guesthouse
- Thak-Khola Lodge Apparently Jimmy Hendrix once stayed here.
The temple complex of Muktinath sacred to both Budhist and Hindus for it's combination of Earth, water and Fire is a days walk or about an hour by jeep away.
Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.