Antipolo around 25km away from Manila, around an hour by car.
By train The LRT-2 line will take you from Recto to Santolan Station. From there you can catch a jeepney (P20 or 45 US cents) or an FX taxi (P40 or 90 US cents) that will take you to the Town Proper.
With over 8000 tricycles in the Town Proper alone, you will have no problem looking for a ride to near by destinations. Places along the main roads are accessible by jeepney. It is advisable to travel by car.
Antipolo Cathedral - Home of the more than 100-year old Nuestra Senora della Paz y Buen Viaje (Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage); lot of pilgrims flock to the cathedral from Manila and the lowlands of Rizal during May to offer flowers
Hinulugang Taktak Waterfalls - A once nice and popular picnic spot for families, this waterfalls has suffered from pollution and eutrophication; visitors are advised against bathing in the stream of the waterfalls for health reasons
- Attend mass at the Antipolo cathedral (the biggest and most important church in the province). Also take time to visit the Nuestra Senora del Buen Viaje (at the back of the cathedral).
- Enjoy the overlooking views of the Manila skyline along Sumulong Highway. One could even stop for a drink at one of the restaurant-pubs on the roadside.
- Roasted Cashew Nuts - Hot from the vendors outside of Antipolo Cathedral (the vendors will most likely come to you, rather than you come to them)
- Filipino Rice Cakes - The most famous form of which, "kalamay", is another popular "pasalubong" that visitors carry away from Antipolo
There are a lot of fast food chains located at the town proper (Upper Antipolo) and in Cogeo area (Lower Antipolo). To name such, they are Jollibee, Macdonald's, KFC, Pizza Hut, Covinience Store like 711 and Ministop.
Also, these inlcudes numerous restaurants and bars located at OL (Over-Looking) at Sumulong Highway wherein you'll have the best view of Metro Manila, seeing Ortigas Buildings, and residential areas.
There are also numerous places to drink in the mountainous city, along Marcos Highway you can find several spots for drinking like 22nd St. Comedy Bar, X Factor Bar, Dampa sa Antipolo to name a few. In the Sumulong Highway you can also find classy places to drink like the Padi's Point and Cloud 9 bar.
- Seven Suites Hotel Observatory Hollywood Hills Subd, Sumulong Highway, Antipolo City, Philippines (02) 217-5443 http://www.sevensuites.com/ rates on official website start at PHPAn interesting hotel option with a powerful roof deck telescope for observing the stars. In-house astronomer on hand to give lectures about the stellar night sky.
Come down into other lower-lying towns of Rizal, one of the most interesting of which is Angono (named the Art Capital of the Philippines) and host of two National Artists. In the backdoor entry to Angono from Antipolo (through the Eastridge Country Club), visitors can stop by to take a visit at the famous Angono Petroglyphs (now managed by the National Museum).
Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.