Anantapur has a population of over 500,000 and is well connected by road and rail. It is located between Hyderabad, Bangalore Highway and Railway line. The nearest Airport is at Puttaparty 70 km. Sri Krishnadevaraya University and JNT University are in the city. 200 km south of Anantapur is Bangalore and 350 km north of Anantpur is Hyderabad.
The primary language is Telugu. Getting along with English alone is also not very difficult.
Anantapur is well connected with major cities like Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore with regular and frequent train and bus services.
You have Garib Rath service to Hyderabad /bangalore.
Along with the government-operated APSRTC bus services, there are many private operators with very good bus services from Hyderabad and Bangalore.
Anantapur has many nearby attractions to visit.
- Dharmavaram - Famous for silk sarees. 40km from Anantapur city.
- Puttaparthy - Abode of Sri Sri Sri Satya Sai Baba (Prashantinilayam) 34 km from hindupur.
- Penukonda - Forts and temples built by Sri Krishnadevaraya king. 65 km from Anantapur City.
- Babiah Dargah in Penukonda - Dargah of 12 Th Century Sufi Saint Hazrat Syed Shah Baba Fakruddin Saharwardy(R.A)
- Lepakshi - Biggest Nandi in India, and temples built between 13-14 century AD.14 km from Hindupur.
- Pennahobilam - Lord Narasimha Swamy temple on a hillock, 30 km from Anantapur.
- Kadiri - Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy temple 90 km from Anantapur.
- Timmamma marrimanu (Banyan tree) which covers an area of 5 acres and has its name in the Guinness book of records, 120 km from Anantapur.
- Tadipatri, Hemavati, Penakacherla dam, PABR dam, Gooty fort, Rayadurg fort are the other places to visit.
- Aluru Kona -- you can visit this water fall near to Tadipatri is good to see.
- Belum caves-- famous tourist attraction near Tadipatri.
- gundloor mohmmed ali coat master opp railway station style street kadiri opp rly station kadiri 9441575843 firstname.lastname@example.org 24 2500 2000 90famous in the coats shirts pants and also shairvani with in made of quality of cloths gave in 1day
- cheruvu katta (tank bund)is famous for all the temples located at one place.
just 7 km from town...ISCKON which has recently constructed.
- Clock Tower...which is in the centre of the city
- Arts college(center of town) to see ancient architecture.
- BlooMoon Restaurant NH-7,Gooty,anantapur From anantapur stating Gooty +919739213876 IT is Out door Restaurant
- Biriyani---Spice touch
- IDLYis famous in oldtown near to krishna theatre&chutnees.
- LASSI---is famous back to Medinova hospital.
- Dosais famous in I-ROAD Gurukrupa hotel,Sujatha hotel,Indira priyadarshini hotel-near,chutnees
- Bajjis ---is famous in 1st road near to over bridge
- Poori---is famous opp.Emrald restaurant.
- Oaligaluyummy sweet dish in old town.
- For non-veg.......Swathi daba is famous at gooty road.
- Gongooras......at national highway towards b'lore.
- Spice Touch near hotel Sapthagiri balla is also good.
- For vegies.....Manogna restaurant opp.to SBI
- Srisagar restaurant at Subhash road.
- NANNARI....is famous drink both in Anantapur and Kadapa districts. It is made from the Nannari roots and stems.It is very good for health especially in summer. It cools the body during the summer season.
- 4 to 5 spoons of NANNARI.
- 1/2 piece or 1 full squizee of lemon
- chilled water or chilled soda.
If you want to have the NANNARI...do visit G.A.W. cool drink shop which is in I-road between 6th and 7th cross. You can get nannari in so many cooldrink shops. but having in G.A.W is some thing taste to have it.
You can also buy a Bottle of Nannari Syrup (Rs 45/ 750ml bottle ) at stores in Bus stand and other Juice shops to take home.
NANNARI...you will get cool Nannari and Hot samosas in 2nd road near to Masjidh.
NANNARI is available in US. It is called ROOT BEER. Try it.(It tastes like dettol)
- Amaravathi lodge at raju road
- Nama residency at subash road
- SRS residency parallel road to raju road
- Annapurna lodge at raju road
- Mayura lodge near sreekantam circle
- Sampoorna lodge near sreekantam circle
- Sapthagiri balla lodge near sapthagire circle , Ph: 08554 220914-9
- Naveed residency shortly opening on
==Get out== ganesh lodge near railway station